[Samba] Domain admin can't access share on samba dm-server

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 30 11:26:26 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-12-30 at 12:15 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba
wrote:

> # grep idmap /etc/samba/smb.conf
>
> # idmap config for domain BUERO
> idmap config BUERO:backend = rid
> idmap config BUERO:range = 10000-99999
>
> it already IS perfect
>
> I quoted "testparm" (yes, outdated, my fault .. why is it there still
> if
> it shouldn't be used anymore?) and testparm shows it in lowercase.

There are two ways of running 'testparm', just 'testparm' and 'samba-
tool testparm'. The first is used on all Samba computers except AD DC's
and the latter is only used on AD DC's.
It also doesn't matter if you do use lowercase Domain names in the
'idmap config' lines, it is just the custom to use uppercase.

Rowland