[Samba] Domain admin can't access share on samba dm-server

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Dec 30 11:15:55 UTC 2021

Am 30.12.21 um 11:15 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> That a good point yes..  ( the : min domain uid=0 options in smb.conf )
> Thanks Christian for pointing it out.

Thanks also. Although it didn't help so far.

> Stefan i commented a bit below also.

fine

>>> I see the path but have to think twice before I touch this
>> production file server. users use it 24/7 ... my access from
>> that windows server isn't that important right now
>> (transferred my ISO via another server ...).
>
> Hahah, you know, i had this problem also, 2 weeks ago..
> I suggest, first try that min domain uid=0 option.

I did, as mentioned above.

>>> sigh
>>>
>>> I showed the smb.conf-files of that site maybe 10 times here
>> and every time I get another parameter pointed out as wrong.
>> I wonder if it ever gets finished ;-)
>
> Hihi..  Yeah, or  you missed a comment ;-)
> At least it wasnt wrong, it was good and now its perfect. :-))

Now look at that:

# grep idmap /etc/samba/smb.conf

# idmap config for domain BUERO
idmap config BUERO:backend = rid
idmap config BUERO:range = 10000-99999

it already IS perfect

I quoted "testparm" (yes, outdated, my fault .. why is it there still if
it shouldn't be used anymore?) and testparm shows it in lowercase.