[Samba] Samba domain members and MIT Kerberos configuration...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Mon Dec 27 12:54:11 UTC 2021

I'm working on joining some RH-based box to an AD domain, starting from this
list, the wiki and my debian knowledge. ;-)

I'm speaking of MEMBERS, not DC!

I've found some info googling around, but make reference to 'realmd' and
'oddjob' for configuration, that seems to me more 'wrappers' to help
configuration, so probably can be subsitute with more plain 'net ads
join' and 'pam_mkhomedir'. Correct?

Also, i've found no specific kerberos configuration, apart the hint to add
this:

[plugins]

    localauth = {

        module = winbind:/usr/lib64/samba/krb5/winbind_krb5_localauth.so

        enable_only = winbind

    }

(and installing samba-winbind-krb5-locator rpm package).

In the samba wiki i've not found some hint about mit kerberos configuration.

Someone have some clue? Thanks.

--
  ...e andate chissa` dove per non pagar le tasse
  col ghigno e l'ignoranza dei primi della classe.	(F. Guccini)