[Samba] Replacing SSSD with just WINBIND for NFSv4

Luc Lalonde luc.lalonde at polymtl.ca
Tue Aug 31 17:53:29 UTC 2021

I forgot to sanitize all the lines ;-)

[global]
     workgroup = EXAMPLE
     realm = EXAMPLE.COM
     netbios name = FS1
     security = ADS
     idmap config *:backend = tdb
     idmap config *:range = 200-999
     idmap config EXAMPLE:backend = ad

Yes, you're correct... I migrated this NT4-Style quite a long time ago,
when Samba-4.x first came out stable.

Here's my setup:

DC1:  CentoOS Stream 8 (Samba 4.12.5), DC2, DC3:  Windows2012R2

Clients:  Fedora 34, Windows 10

I know I'm late with the Samba version...  I will update soon ;-)

--
Luc Lalonde, analyste
Luc.Lalonde at polymtl.ca