[Samba] Replacing SSSD with just WINBIND for NFSv4

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Aug 31 13:30:45 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-08-31 at 09:15 -0400, Luc Lalonde wrote:
> That server is just a DC... serves no other purpose.

Good

> Here's the config for one of my fileservers:

If you are using Unix domain members, why didn't you post the
'fileserver' smb.conf ?

> [global]
>     workgroup = EXAMPLE
>     realm = EXAMPLE.COM
>     netbios name = FS1
>     security = ADS
>     idmap config *:backend = tdb
>     idmap config *:range = 200-999
>     idmap config GIGL:backend = ad

If the workgroup is 'EXAMPLE', then 'GIGL' is incorrect.
Also, was this domain a classicupgrade from an NT4-style domain ?
If not, why are you using these numbers ?

Before we go any further, what OS are you using and what version of
Samba ?

Rowland