[Samba] Multichannel and RSS Not Detected

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Sat Aug 21 21:45:02 UTC 2021

The Mellanox ConnectX-4 does not seem to load any firmware looking at dmesg.
I upgraded the firmware on the card on Server2 (that is what I'll call it) so
that it matches what was on Server1.  Server2 multichannel still works.  I
removed the 802.3ad LACP on Server1 (and removed the config in the switch) and
set up both NICs to have an IP on the same subnet.  Multichannel still does
not work.  I went into the BIOS on Server1 and nothing stood out as a problem
preventing multichannel.  I upgraded Server2 to 4.15rc2 so everything matches
as closely as possible to Server1.

Does Samba do any kind of logging for multichannel?  I have logging turned up
to 10 and all I see is is the option " oing parameter server multi channel
support = yes" and nothing else.  How does one debug why Samba is not using
multichannel when it's enabled?

I'm actually having to work on my vacation right now to try and solve this as
we need it working this Tuesday for our project.  I'm frustrated right now as
I cannot see why this is not working.

BTW, even though I'm frustrated, I very much appreciate the help being provided.

    Chris