[Samba] schema extension

Marcos Ariel Negrini mnegrini at afip.gob.ar
Mon Aug 2 15:49:08 UTC 2021

Hello:
in the AD we are setting up we need to store Vlan information(the AD
will be distributed over a wide geographical area, so computers will be
joined in different OU's, and these need to store various attached
data). This data is currently stored in the description field, but we
were looking at extending the schema. Has anyone had to do something
similar?
In our case the fields we need to add are:
-id_vlan(because of how it is organized geographically there is a vlan
number that would be the name of the ou and a particular id that would
be the field to add).
-network(x.x.x.x.x/x)
-area
I was looking at schema.org to see if there is a definition of vlan, but
I couldn't find it.
What complications or benefits would it bring me to extend the schema?
I was reading in the samba wiki the procedure and issues to take into
account, but I wanted your opinion to know if it is worth the effort.
Regards