[Samba] DC controller and DNS

ve2cii at ve2cii.com ve2cii at ve2cii.com
Mon Aug 2 15:17:15 UTC 2021

    Ok I am right now recompiling samba with the dnsupdate turned on.
I am going to use samba-4.12.15 as that is what is running on my test
machines.
     I am going to read and try what you have said and let you know.

 From what you are saying I think I got it. There are 2 kinds of files.
One is the standard zone files

what is known as a flat file (the standard bind9
zone file),

The other is the the ones that samba creates and uses which are in
the bind-dns directory.

   So basically I need to turn off the internal Samba dns server and
to do that I just add
server services = -dns
    And then do the configuration for the BIND9_DLZ Module.

Can you let me know if I am on the right track?