[Samba] Ram saturation problem

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Apr 26 17:47:56 UTC 2021

On 26/04/2021 18:34, Rémi PAETA wrote:
> It's not a version issue because the other 2 domain controllers are
> using the same version and don't have this issue.

Then if you cannot find out why you are getting the problem by checking
the database etc, it might be better to demote the DC and then rejoin it.

I would still suggest you upgrade, Stretch is in security only support
and Samba requires packages that may not be available, so you may get
stuck with a version of Samba that is extremely old. In fact 4.10.x is
EOL as far as Samba is concerned and so will not get security patches
unless the Debian LTS team backports them.

Rowland