[Samba] Trouble in ssh into Windows machines in the Windows/Samba Domain

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 10:02:28 UTC 2021

Hi Louis,

from further experimentsI can tell you that in my system (Debian Stable,
Samba by .deb package)
the only way to make the thing working is setting "
k5login_authoritative = false  " in [libdefaults].
Not working if put in [realms].

I have taken the parameter name from here:
https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.12/doc/admin/conf_files/krb5_conf.html

It is a useful feature to have in some servers !

bye

----------------------- display experiments in krb5.conf
---------------------
[libdefaults]
       default_realm = WINDOM.BORGHI.LAN
       # dns_lookup_realm = false
       dns_lookup_realm = true
       dns_lookup_kdc = true
       # tento attivare login con kerberos
       # forwardable = true
       # proxiable = true
       # ignore_k5login = true
       k5login_authoritative = false

[realms]
   # permette a tutti di loggarsi senza essere nominati
   # k5login_authoritative = false
   #
   WINDOM.BORGHI.LAN = {
     auth_to_local = RULE:[1:WINDOM\$1]