[Samba] Extend schema with Exchange Attributes

Max Olivas molivas at northglenn.org
Wed Apr 7 17:33:55 UTC 2021

I've ran the 'setup.exe /preparead' commands from both Exchange 2013/2016 and they both fail with multiple errors.

"No suitable domain controller can be found..."
"this user account isn't a member of Enterprise Admins..."
"The forest functional level of the current Active Directory forest is not Windows Server 2003 native or later.."

I see the LDIF's in the setup files but after reading more about all of this I'm starting to think using Samba AD with M365 is probably a bad idea.  Is anyone on here using Samba AD with M365?

Thanks,
Max
>>> Max Olivas via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> 4/5/2021 10:00 AM >>>
Has anyone successfully extended Samba AD with the Exchange Attributes?  I'm not looking to run Exchange but we are moving to M365 and it seems to require the Exchange attributes to be present?  Anyone?

Thanks,
Max