[Samba] User GPOs not applied

Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu
Tue Apr 6 08:55:20 UTC 2021

Hi Louis,

As an example, I have got two PCs in the OU (named Shaky Computers). One
of the PCs is the one where the RSAT tools are installed and which I use
for administration of the domain. The other PC is the one where I most
want the applied GPO. Using the Group Policy Management tool, I mark the
OU, and issue a force an update on the OU. On the administration PC the
update succeeds, but on the other PC it doesn't (and it doesn't succeed
on any other PCs if I use another OU with most of the domain PCs). The
error code is 8007071a (The remote procedure call was cancelled).

I have tried to set GPOs on individual users, as well as user groups
like Authenticated Users (all users in the domain). The User GPOs are
not applied.
Only default domain policy is set on the PCs, no other GPOs set here.

If I run gpupdate /force from a cmd window, it reports "Computer Policy
update has completed successfully" and "User Policy update has completed
successfully".

Maybe it's better to wait until I have configured a fresh version of
Samba under Debian. I do not risk it during the working week, i put it
off until the weekend.

Thanks for your input.

Best regards,

Peter