[Samba] Samba 4.14: Windows Users and Computer / No contact with the following DC...

denis.morejon at etecsa.cu denis.morejon at etecsa.cu
Fri Apr 2 22:33:01 UTC 2021

I got the following error:
When I open Users and Computer It returns "No contact with the following
DC...Unknown Username or bad password"

I will explain what I did.
I had two DCs (dc1 and dc2) with Samba 4.7.4 on Debian 10. A Windows 7
with RSAT installed
and with access to DNS and Users and Computers ok.

I demoted dc2, stopped samba server, rm -r /usr/local/samba, and installed
Samba 4.14 (./configure && make && make install ok). After that It was
joined to the first dc ok, and started the service ok.

After that, I did the same with the first dc (Always transfering fsmo roles).

Up to this point all seams to be right. Domain users en Windows and Linux
workstations can logon successfuly. And even DNS can be managed on my
Windows 7 with RSAT, connecting to both dcs.

I can do kinit administrator on both DCs. I logon to Windows 7 with
administrator ok.

But Users and Computers can't be opened with any of the DCs. It says:
"No contact with the following DC...Unknown Username or bad password"

What's happening?