[Samba] Upgrading samba on Buster

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Fri Sep 18 20:47:46 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am trying Louis' samba packages on one of my DC's running Buster. The current
samba version is 4.11.11 and I want to upgrade it to 4.11.latest.

I seem to remember that Louis posted that there were some extra steps with
some magic apt/apt-get/dpkg incantations that were sometimes required but I
cannot seem to find the instructions on Google.

I do not remember if the instructions were version specific or if the extra
steps were always required.

Can someone please tell me what the proper apt/apt-get/dpkg commands are to
to do a minor samba version upgrade?

FWIW, this is my first attempt at using a Debian based system.

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org