[Samba] Upgrading samba on Buster

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Sep 18 21:30:47 UTC 2020

Hai Tom,

All packages where possible will get this security update.
Im working from latest versions and OS down.
It only take a bit more time to build them all and test them.
But builds are running.

If you want to do this upgrade yourself, this one is pretty easy.

# Enable my repo and the sources.

apt update

apt source samba
# This gets the older version.
# And the new version
wget https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/samba-4.11.13.tar.gz
# extract it.
# copy the debian folder into the newer samba version.
cp samba-4.11.11/debian samba-4.11.13/

# Some packages needed to build.
apt-get install fakeroot devscripts build-essential

# get samba build dependecies
apt-get build-dep samba

cd samba-4.11.13/
editor debian/changelog
Or,
dch -i
# is better, just not sure if its installed with above.

# Update the change log, copy the previes part,
# change the version and dates and signer.
# save

dpkg-buildpackage -B

Should do it.
And a simple setup for a file repo.