[Samba] Samba Performance Monitoring?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Oct 15 15:06:54 UTC 2020

Hai,

Well, after a question i got few days ago, i had a few min to enable this.

First request, see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/1846947

And if you want to test, i have a samba 4.13 ! TEST !
setup ready to test with profiling enabled.

You need the following to get the test packages.

apt-get install apt-transport-https gnupg
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add
-
echo "# AptVanBelle repo for samba." | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

# you need the current 4.13 line enable i use the build depends in there.

echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba413 main contrib
non-free" | \
 sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

And most important the buster-experimental repo where the 4.13 package is
available with profiling enabled.
To keep this test as clean as possible, i removed 1 patch that i have in the
production line.

echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-experimental main contrib
non-free" | \
 sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

Now, please note, these are very fresh packages and need good testing.
Change log:
 samba (2:4.13.0+dfsg-0.1buster1Test1) buster; urgency=medium
 .
   * Non-maintainer upload.
   * Request to enable profiling.
     see also : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/1846947
     Performance will decrease a bit.
   * d/rules, enabled profiling-data
   * d/patched, removed bz14213.patch
     Since we enabled a new feature, i removed the extra patch,
     so we can make sure if we encounter problems we match the released
     samba version.

Results, the good, the bad and the ugly, please report these here in the
list,
And preffered a reply on this thread.
Thanks!

Greetz,