[Samba] Moving users from a Samba 3.6 to 4.9 (tdb)

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Oct 12 15:01:42 UTC 2020

Am 12.10.20 um 16:20 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> On 12/10/2020 15:11, Emmanuel Florac wrote:

>> No dice. I've edited the smb.conf, stopped the services, copied the old
>> tdb again (account_policy.tdb  group_mapping.tdb  passdb.tdb
>> registry.tdb  secrets.tdb  share_info.tdb  winbindd_idmap.tdb); started
>> the services and...

[..]

Hopping in here ... what about the permissions of /var/lib/samba ...

And what about the "log level" ... if you increase the log level maybe
the logs tell you/us something.

Personally I would disable winbind as mentioned, with stopped daemons,
then clear /var/lib/samba, copy old tdbs in and start with enhanced
logging enabled.