[Samba] samba-tool domain classicupgrade doesn't import givenname, sn

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Nov 29 08:35:45 UTC 2020

On Sun, 2020-11-29 at 09:25 +0100, banda bassotti via samba wrote:
> environment: CentOS 7.x with samba-4.11.9 from
> http://samba.tranquil.it/centos7/stable
>
> local slapd with users entry like:

> without Givenname and Surname
>
> I am not attaching the upgrade output because there is nothing relevant.
> where am i wrong?

Correct, due to the infrastructure in use we only upgrade things that
Samba reads and writes via passdb, essentially those things an old NT4-
like domain would expose over SAMR.

You will need to do your own migration for the rest.

When I developed the tool I expected that we would extend it to cover
these cases, but it seems that small installations handled this
manually and large installations (and those who migrated them) bypassed
classicupgrade for their own in-house scripts, so the tool itself was
never refined.

Sorry!

Andrew Bartlett

--