[Samba] multi factor authentication

Jason Keltz jas at eecs.yorku.ca
Thu Nov 5 20:20:28 UTC 2020

I was trying to research whether multi factor authentication is possible
with Samba AD.  There's not that information out there. We have both
Linux systems with Winbind authenticating from Samba AD and Windows
systems authenticating via Samba AD.   I saw a message from Louis almost
a year ago with some links, but as far as I can tell, not specifically
tied to Samba AD (unless I misunderstood).  Rowland - you also mentioned
the "freis-franken.org" link, but that doesn't exist anymore.  I'm not
looking for LDAP-based proxy type solutions.  I'm looking for something
that ties directly into winbind PAM module on Linux and on Windows.  I
know if it's doable, someone is doing it.  :)

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason.