[Samba] multi factor authentication

Kris Lou klou at themusiclink.net
Mon Nov 9 08:17:04 UTC 2020

I use PrivacyIdea as a MFA provider (via RADIUS, though that's just my
usage case).

It can authenticate directly against winbind or ldap backends, and has a
PAM module for Linux clients.  For Windows logins, there's a "Credential
Provider", details here:
https://community.privacyidea.org/t/using-privacy-idea-for-windows-logins/1082/2
.

(YMMV, I haven't tried it for that.  However, I've played with using it as
a backend for Nginx Basic Authentication, which is neat.)

Kris Lou
klou at themusiclink.net