[Samba] Failed to commit objects: DOS code 0x000021bf attempting to add DC to Zentyal 3.2 domain (samba 4.1.7)

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon May 25 15:50:39 UTC 2020

On 25/05/2020 16:14, Rich Webb via samba wrote:
> So there is no migration path?  I really don't want to rebuild my domain if I can help it.  I wouldn't mind so much having to recreate users as much as having user's desktop profiles be orphaned.
>
> How would I tell if it was openldap vs pure samba ad-dc?

I do not use zentyal, so I am not sure about upgrading it. Zentyal isn't
a Samba product, it is a Distro that uses Samba. I seem to remember that
3.2 used openldap as well as Samba, I am unsure just how Samba was used.

What I am trying to point out is, you will probably get better help
asking on the zentyal forum. If it can be confirmed that zentyal 3.2
does use Samba as an AD DC (and not an NT4-style DC) then you might be
able to join an earlier version of Samba to it and then go from there.

As to finding out what ldap is being used for, you could try using
ldapsearch to dump to a file and then examine this.

Rowland