[Samba] rsync replication acl error

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon May 11 18:51:24 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 9, 2020 09:37, Rowland penny wrote:

> Are you using the same filesystem on both machines ?

No, DC1 uses UFS as that was the only file system which would support
provisioning on FreeBSD in 2016, when it was set up.  I am trying to get the
domain moved to new DCs running Samba-4.10.15 on FreeBSD with zfs as the
underlying store.

I never thought to consider the difference in file systems as a possible cause
of the problem because I was concerned only with the Windows ACLS.  So, the
problem that I am faced with is can I move the sysvol off or do I need a whole
new domain set up?

Thanks,

Canada  L8E 3C3