[Samba] Debian Buster Samba 4.12 (experimental packages) amd64/i386

Denis CARDON dcardon at tranquil.it
Fri Mar 20 20:32:17 UTC 2020

Hi Louis,

For the earlier issue on deb 4.7.6 packages I have not been able to
understand what we did wrong, we recompiled with the same clean setup
and where not able to reproduce the issue... I've tried to look for
different dependencies updates and couldn't find any differences. I'm
puzzled.

Anyway I've compiled Samba 4.11.7 and Samba 4.12.0 for CentOS7 and
CentOS8 packages:

https://samba.tranquil.it/centos7/samba-4.11.7/
https://samba.tranquil.it/centos7/samba-4.12.0/
https://samba.tranquil.it/centos8/samba-4.11.7/
https://samba.tranquil.it/centos8/samba-4.12.0/

Packages for Centos8 and Samba 4.12.0 are still experimental as not yet
tested in production, but I hope to be able to go forward on that soon
as CentOS8 is now getting more traction.

The rpm are backported from Fedora 32 packages using the great work from
Gunter et al. by switching from MIT kerberos to Heimdal and fixing a few
dependencies versions. Centos7 need porting of newer gnutls (thanks to
Niko Kadel Garcia) and Centos8 need a few extra packages that are not
yet packaged in EPEL.

You might take a look at rst/sphinx for documenting the installation of
your packages, it makes nice docs! You may take a look at our doc for
inspiration (note: there may be still a few pieces of French here and
there, translation is going on :-) but it should be mostly
understandable) :
https://dev.tranquil.it/samba/en/samba_config_server/centos7/server_install_samba_centos.html

Cheers,

Denis