[Samba] Need help with roaming profiles

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 29 19:35:42 UTC 2020

On 29/06/2020 20:00, Anders Östling via samba wrote:
> I have a problem that I am unable to sort out. Maybe someone can
> assist with advice and troubleshooting.

OK, you might as well remove these lines, they are defaults:

         client max protocol = SMB3
         client min protocol = SMB2
         server min protocol = SMB2

I would also remove these:

         acl group control = Yes
         dos filemode = Yes
         hide unreadable = Yes

You should also remove this, it should only be in a DC smb.conf:

         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

Now we come to what could be a couple of typo's:

You have 'netbios name = HP-FSSRV' but you also posted
'administrator at hp-srv03:~$ cd /share2/'

The 'netbios name' must be the same as the hostname.

You also seem to be using 'administrator' as a Unix user, please do not
do this, I know this happens with the 'rid' backend, but in this
instance Administrator will just be a normal Unix user. You also have
'username map = /etc/samba/user.map' and 'root' should be mapped to
'Administrator' inside the user.map. Use 'root' (or sudo) on Unix and
'Administrator' on Windows, do not mix them.

You have 'workgroup = HPLTS' and 'idmap config dg11', again, they must match

Rowland