[Samba] Adding user to group doesn't propagate?

Harald Hannelius harald+samba at arcada.fi
Wed Jun 17 10:54:46 UTC 2020

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 17/06/2020 11:39, Harald Hannelius via samba wrote:
>>

>> However, on the member-server 'id username' doesn't show this group. 'id
>> username' shows this group for all other users in this group.
>
> So, it wasn't just me ;-)

Sorry, You lost me here. Has this been discussed recently? I'm in the middle
of so many projects I haven't had time to sit and follow this list as much
as I'd like to.

> Can you wait until tomorrow, the group should appear by then, if it does, can
> you create a bug report ?

Well, I'm on vacation starting two hours from now but I can probably check
this tomorrow anyways :)

I read somewhere that there's some caching going on, but there was no real
solution on how to purge this cache other than have the client log out of
their computer and on again. I have asked my colleague to do this, so it
might be that waiting until tomorrow won't work.

--

Harald Hannelius | harald.hannelius/a\arcada.fi | +358 50 594 1020