[Samba] Adding user to group doesn't propagate?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 17 11:06:30 UTC 2020

On 17/06/2020 11:54, Harald Hannelius wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2020, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>> On 17/06/2020 11:39, Harald Hannelius via samba wrote:
>
> Sorry, You lost me here. Has this been discussed recently? I'm in the
> middle of so many projects I haven't had time to sit and follow this
> list as much as I'd like to.
No, it hasn't been discussed before, it happened to myself a couple of
weeks ago, I added the user to a group and 'id' didn't show the group,
everything else showed the user was a group member. I just put it down
to one of those things, but the following day, 'id' showed the group, so
I think it must be a cache problem.

> I read somewhere that there's some caching going on, but there was no
> real solution on how to purge this cache other than have the client
> log out of their computer and on again. I have asked my colleague to
> do this, so it might be that waiting until tomorrow won't work.

I tried all that, it just worked the following day. The only thing I
didn't do, raise the log level.

Rowland