[Samba] User or password incorrect during windows 10 domain joining

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Wed Jun 17 10:40:45 UTC 2020

Dear,

I followed the Setting up Samba as an Active Directory
Domain Controllerform the SAMBA instructions on a debian 10 machine with
samba 4.9.5.

On the server all seems to be working. The smbclient and kinit tests
works fine. But when I try to join a Windows 10 client to the domain, I
receive the error that the user or password is incorrect.

In the request window I tried administrator, Administrator,
administrator at DOMAIN, but nothing works.

In the server log I don't see nothing that can help me to solve the
problem.

Where can I investigate to solve the problem?

Thanks

  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY