[Samba] Patches for OpenVMS && Samba4

Swift Griggs sgriggs at parsec.com
Thu Jun 11 23:02:04 UTC 2020

Refer to this:
https://legacyos.org/vsi-introduces-new-samba-release/

I noticed that VSI, the new owners of VMS, have created a package for
Samba4 under OpenVMS. I also notice the samba-vms list appears to be
abandoned (for years). So, I apologize for posting here on the general
list, but it seemed fruitless trying the dedicated list.

I am under the impression that the GPL v3 compels all code that extends
Samba to be released under the GPL. I'm currently hacking on and building
bits of Samba4 for VMS. I'd like to add/start with the changes which
appear to make Samba already run on VMS.

However, grepping through the source, I'm coming up short. I also don't
see any DCL scripts or a large number of #defines or #includes that would
indicate to me that this has been, at some point, ported to VMS.

Can someone set me straight? Where is this code or is it already in some
branch of the VCS ?

Thanks in advance to all.

Thanks,
    Swift
--
Swift Griggs <sgriggs at parsec.com>
Senior Consultant

PARSEC Group is proud to be recognized through both the Colorado
Department of Higher Education and the U.S. Department of Veterans
Affairs as an authorized training organization and is now accepting GI
Bill funding.

Follow @PARSECgroup on Twitter

Find PARSEC Group on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ParsecGroup
and LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/3041461?trk=tyah

**The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This
message is privileged and confidential. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us via e-mail and delete the
original message. The opinions, conclusions and other information in
this message do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of
PARSEC Group.**