[Samba] Samba vs Windows - File sharing in a domain setting

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 3 08:16:01 UTC 2020

Hai Viktor,

I dont know or can't tell if this setup can use the windows indexing, i havent looked in to that.
I dont use windows indexer.

But i do know if you setup as shown and you add a webpage to the server,
that makes is also usable for Windows users to search.

There was some work done in the area
https://sambaxp.org/fileadmin/user_upload/sambaxp2017-Slides/Windows_Search_Protocol_recap___update_-_Jim_McDonough.pdf

https://github.com/noelpower/samba/tree/WSP-WIP

But i dont know the exact status of it.

And one that looks promising is also this one.
https://github.com/shirosaidev/diskover
Look at the vidoes on that page ;-) really nice .. ( not topic related tho..)

Greetz,

Louis