[Samba] Samba vs Windows - File sharing in a domain setting

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Wed Jun 3 09:01:40 UTC 2020

Hi Louis,

I really do appreciate that work is being done on the topic, I've been
following this for a while now and I know about Noel's great effort.
It's just not something I'd consider production ready at this moment.
I'd love to help out with testing but at the moment I simply can't spend
the time or resources.

Thanks for the link to Diskover, I always love hearing about new and
exciting projects. It's fascinating what this guy did considering he
never actually worked as a developer but "only" as a sys engineer or
sysadmin.

If I were to build an application today, I think I'd most likely do a
full text search implementation using Elasticsearch. But that's another
discussion entirely.

Best,
Viktor