[Samba] Performance issues since upgrading to 3.X to 4.X

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jul 20 13:53:54 UTC 2020

Pretty close to what i have that :

[global]
   workgroup = PRIVATE
   server string = %h server
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000

   log level = 0
####### Authentication #######
## stand alone everything open.
   security = user
   guest ok = yes
   map to guest = bad password
## map id's outside to domain to tdb files.
   idmap config * : backend = tdb
   idmap config BUILTIN : range = 3000-3999
#######

## Printing disabled.
   load printers = no
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /dev/null
   disable spoolss = yes

Im using Kodi with above, this is running since ubuntu 12.04, upgraded every lts, now 20.04
Always full speed with copying.

Yours,
> [global]
>     workgroup = DRAGONLAIR
>     server string = Samba Server
>     server role = standalone server	< remove
>     log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m << that looks like a self compiled Samba install path, i suggest correct it.
>     max log size = 50
>     server signing = disabled	< remove
>     server services = smb	< remove
>     dns proxy = no