[Samba] Performance issues since upgrading to 3.X to 4.X

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jul 20 13:15:15 UTC 2020

Debian 10 or 11?
11 = testing and samba 4.12.5
10 = buster and samba 4.9.5

Also show smb.conf.
Im running 4.12.5 on my home media device, and always 110MB/s copy speeds on my gigabit nic.
(same as the 4.11 or 4.10 or 4.9 or 4.8 versions)

Can you show your smb.conf?  And running kernel version.

> https://i.ibb.co/N618Z4W/Debian-7.png
Is a bit speculative.

If ..
i copy 1 file of 1GB to a share with a disk formated with 4Kb sectors its slower then i..
  copy 1 file of 1GB to a share with a disk formated with 4Mb sectors.

So first we like to see smb.conf, that will help us.

Greetz,

Louis