[Samba] Technical questions on AD and NT4

RhineDevil tanyadegurechaff at disroot.org
Wed Jul 15 19:33:25 UTC 2020

Could someone show me differences in both groups and users between a full NT4 LDAP schema and a full ActiveDirectory LDAP schema?
Is ActiveDirectory fully retrocompatible with NT4?

There are plans for supporting again an OpenLDAP backend when LDAPcon objectives will be achieved?
https://ldapcon.org/2019/wp-content/events/presentations/ni_samba_backend.pdf

Why an user in old NT4 schema looks like this:
dn: uid=myuser,ou=People,dc=mydomain
while in AD LDAP schema looks like this
dn: CN=myuser,CN=Users,DC=mydomain ?

To what extent is LDB retrocompatible (with abstractions of course) with ldif files made for OpenLDAP, could I import an ldif thought for old NT4 LDAP into LDB?