[Samba] Intermittent permission denied when accessing share

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jul 9 08:17:03 UTC 2020

On 09/07/2020 07:20, Lorenzo Milesi via samba wrote:
> I never said the team does recommend it, still I don't see the purpose of saying "it's possible" when can be "fraught with problems". Maybe the wiki [1] should be more explicit on this, despite discouraging and suggesting better options it doesn't say it's highly problematic, it's still offered as an option.

Whilst we do not recommend using a Samba DC as a fileserver, they can be
used as a basic fileserver, you just need to be be aware of the
limitations. You alse need to accept that a DC in a small office is a
totally different proposition to a DC in a domain with a lot of users.

I have added an extra warning to the wiki page.

Rowland