[Samba] DNS Updates after upgrade [SOLVED]

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Thu Jul 2 07:45:47 UTC 2020

Hello all,
to answer this question myself. The Problem was in front of the computer...

While copying the commands from my notes I missed one line of the
firewall configuration. So port 53/tcp was still blocked.

So I learned that DNS still works as this is udp which was not blocked.
Also local updates by samba_dnsupdate work as the firewall does not play
a role there.
But my other questions are still open:

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Unit Head Bioprocess Development

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Manfred Bender, Ludger Roedder
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen