[Samba] NT4 Domain PDC with Ldap backend and domain members

ERIC PEYREMORTE eric.peyremorte at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Tue Jul 7 10:39:46 UTC 2020

Hi, thanks for your answer.

We are migrating on AD, but the legacy domain will stay for few a months. I still use samba 4.2 (before upgrading every file server).

I don't understand how winbind will be used. I don't need an ou=Idmap as user entry in uid=login already contains the association between uid and sambaSID in the openldap passdb backend (on the DC).

I just need the domain member to use that information, it seems that winbind is unable to do that : it's going to make it's own uid <> sid mapping and store it in ldap ou=idmap.

Maybe it's not possible to correctly use domain member with a samba 3 + openldap pdc ? I didn't find any winbind doc covering that case...

Cheers