[Samba] Samba member server creates sambaDomainName LDAP entry

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jan 29 13:31:09 MST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 14:45 +0200, Alex Domoradov wrote:
> I have the following box setup as a file server

> After joining the domain, the member server creates a sambaDomainName entry
> in LDAP that I don't think should be there.
>
> sambaDomainName=FS2
>
> Where FS2 is the netbios name of the domain member server.

> security = DOMAIN
> passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://pdc.w3.lan/"

This is the why the entry is created.  You have pointed your member
server at the LDAP backend of the DC.  The member server started to
write it's own information there.  Simply remove this line and use a
local passdb for the local users - communication between Samba member
servers and Samba3 DCs is not over LDAP.

Andrew Bartlett