[Samba] dns_tkey_gssnegotiate: TKEY is unacceptable

Robert E. Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Mon Jul 6 17:40:52 UTC 2020

On 7/6/2020 11:25 AM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> You do not require anything else!
>
> Rowland

Thanks for remembering me and remembering my previous post that I
admitted having a DC that was built with standard Debian Buster packages
(4.9.16?) and upon starting the computer, I discover my error and
installed Louis' repo and upgrade to 4.12.3. That upgrade seemed to work
fine. After (with Rowland's help) the ".../bind-dns/dns.keytab"
reference error in "/etc/bind/named.conf.options" file was discoverd, at
that time all the "nslookup" and "dig" returned proper answer. (Please
someone make a note to, in the future, move everything into
".../bind-dns/" and empty the ".../private/" directory.

I realized that I have problems with DC01 and the fact that I would be
replacing it soon with newer hardware, when that newer hardware arrived,
I built both carefully, in the same manner (previously tested on several
VM's first) implementing Louis' repo from the beginning and installing
4.12.3.

And DC1 (built first) machine did not create the
".../bind-dns/dns.keytab" file and DC2 (built after DC1) did create that
file. (Identical hardware on both.)

Rowland, I do not want to take anymore of your time for this, but I seen
Louis is back and I am wondering his thoughts, as I (for the most part)
followed his instructions to build.

Louis, any thoughts?

--

Bob Wooden