[Samba] Recycle problems (again)

Anders Östling anders.ostling at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 16:47:42 UTC 2020

I had recycling working a while ago, but now it's not working anymore.
Ubuntu 20.046-Ubuntu
smbd 4.11.6

All file operations works fine, including deleting files/folders. But
no "Papperskorg" (recycle bin in swedish) is created in either the
Dokument folder or the users home folders. I have reviewed the samba
logs for errors but cant find anything relevant.

The two shares have these statements

[Dokument]
path = /share2/Dokument
read only = no
vfs objects = recycle acl_xattr
recycle:repository = Papperskorg
recycle:keeptree = yes
recycle:versions = yes

[Users]
path = /share2/Users
read only = no
vfs objects = recycle acl_xattr
recycle:repository = %U/Papperskorg
recycle:keeptree = yes
recycle:versions = yes

Users are on Windows 10 workstations, both 32 (ancient legacy apps) and 64 bits.
Anders

This signature contains 100% recyclable electrons as prescribed by Mother Nature

Anders Östling
+46 768 716 165 (Mobil)
+46 431 45 56 01  (Hem)