[Samba] Changes to Folder Redirection

Bob Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Mon Feb 3 21:53:22 UTC 2020

So, what is the difference between "Using Group Policy Folder
Redirection" and "Using a Group Policy Preference"? Is it an either/or
and _NOT both_ scenario?

Clearly the ". . . Policy Preference" is editing the registry settings
of each workstation with a GPO. Something the " . . . Policy Folder
Redirection" does not do.

Is not "Using a Group Policy Preference" a newer method than the other?

Bob Wooden