[Samba] Ldapsearch against Samba AD returns records outside the search base

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Sun Feb 2 17:05:01 UTC 2020

I will answer the question for our setup. And to be clear we do not have
a problem here. I just had some time to try this out.

Am 02.02.20 um 17:51 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:

> Time for a few questions:
>
> What OS is the user using ?

We are using centos 7

> Is the OP using distro packages, packages from somewhere else, or a self
> compiled Samba ?

We are using the Sernet packages.

The setup was a classic upgrade from a NT domain with Samba 4.4 (which
was the newest at the time) and upgraded step by step to 4.11.6.

> If self compiled, how was it compiled ?
>
> What is in smb.conf ?

Here is the smb.conf:

[global]
        netbios name = DC1
        realm = XX.XX.XX
        server services = s3fs, rpc, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
        workgroup = XX
        logging =syslog
        log level = 1 auth_audit:4 dsdb_password_audit:5
dsdb_transaction_audit:5 dsdb_group_audit:5
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        template shell = /bin/bash
        template homedir = /home/%U
        ntlm auth = mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only
        disable netbios = yes
        smb ports = 445
        server min protocol = SMB2
        client min protocol = SMB2
        tls enabled  = yes
        tls keyfile  = tls/server_de.key
        tls certfile = tls/server.pem
        tls cafile   = tls/ca.pem

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/xx.xx.xx/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Unit Head Bioprocess Development

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender), Manfred Bender,
Ludger Roedder
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen