[Samba] Samba 4 custom ports for DNS in 2020?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 17 12:11:13 UTC 2020

On 17/12/2020 11:50, Alex Orlov via samba wrote:
>>> I don’t see any problems with the ports that Microsoft uses if I add
>>> to samba configuration
>>> "dns forwarder = x.x.x.x:non_53_port"  instead of "dns forwarder =
>>> x.x.x.x", do you?
>
>> Ultimately you are welcome to edit the source if you so choose.
>
> I have another suggestion. You do work on this project. So, it is your interest
> to do this project better.  So, please, add this improvement.Alex
Alex, as far as I am aware, you are the first person to mention using a
port with the 'dns forwarder' parameter, so it is hardly in our interest
to do what you are asking. There just isn't the demand and developer
time is limited, there are other far more pressing problems ahead of yours.

> I am just a Samba user and not a Samba developer. All I can do is to open an issue.
> I wanted to do it, but … didn’t find Samba issue tracking system.

Did you miss this: https://bugzilla.samba.org/

If you want to use 000_saturn7 at mail.ru for your email address, I will
even send you the mail to get a bugzilla account.

Rowland