[Samba] rights -- structures

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 14 08:35:49 UTC 2020

On 14/12/2020 07:11, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
> Dear Roland
> I try this version, add on my smb.conf.....
>
> Here this memer server are joint to domain and
> /etc/samba# smbd -V	=	Version 4.9.5-Debian
I know that 4.9.5 is the latest version available on Debian, but it is
very old, you can find later versions here: http://apt.van-belle.nl/

> root at srar:/etc/samba# cat smb.conf
> [global]
>          realm = CARAG.LOCAL
>          security = ADS
>          encrypt password = yes
>          workgroup = CARAG.LOCAL
>          server role = member server
>          vfs objects = acl_xattr
>          map acl inherit = yes

First, the workgroup cannot be the same as the realm and the realm must
be the dns domain name in uppercase. By default the workgroup name is
the lefthand portion of the realm (in your case 'CARAG'), but it can be
anything and it must not contain dots. If your TLD is '.local' then it
really shouldn't be and you will have to turn off Avahi

You also seem to not have any 'idmap config' lines, are you using sssd
or similar ?

Rowland