[Samba] rights -- structures

Maurizio Caloro maurizio at caloro.ch
Mon Dec 14 08:00:15 UTC 2020

Hallo
Have a Samba AD DC running 4.13.2 and a fileserver running 4.9.5 that is joined to your Samba AD domain.
Yes and now if I need to add permission on folder

	chown	Name:smbadmin	/home/Userhome
	chown invalid user: Name:smbadmin

this machine are join to AD, and the Computer Object are visible, please i need here little update.

Fileserver smb.conf
	/shares/Userhome# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
	[global]
	        realm = CARAG.LOCAL
	        security = ADS
	        workgroup = CARAG.LOCAL
	        server role = member server
	        vfs objects = acl_xattr
	        map acl inherit = yes

	[USERHOME]
	        path = /shares/Userhome/
	        read only = no

so the rights are need to pick up from my AD.
Thanks and best regards
Mauri