[Samba] placing sam.ldb (was dns.keytab doesn't exist)

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Fri Dec 11 21:20:40 UTC 2020

Okay, here's mine:

/var/lib/samba/bind-dns:
total 16
drwx------ 3 root named 4096 Dec 11 01:02 dns
-rw-rw---- 2 root named  556 Dec 11 01:02 dns.keytab
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root named  929 Dec 11 01:02 named.conf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root named 2051 Dec 11 01:02 named.txt

/var/lib/samba/bind-dns/dns:
total 3544
-rw-rw---- 1 root named 3620864 Dec 11 01:02 sam.ldb
drwx------ 2 root named    4096 Dec 11 01:02 sam.ldb.d

/var/lib/samba/bind-dns/dns/sam.ldb.d:
total 25316
-rw-rw---- 1 root named 6582272 Dec 11 01:02
'CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=HOME,DC=EGLIFAMILY,DC=NAME.ldb'
-rw-rw---- 1 root named 8228864 Dec 11 01:02
'CN=SCHEMA,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=HOME,DC=EGLIFAMILY,DC=NAME.ldb'
-rw-rw---- 2 root named 4694016 Dec 11 01:45
'DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=HOME,DC=EGLIFAMILY,DC=NAME.ldb'
-rw-rw---- 2 root named 4694016 Dec 11 01:45
'DC=FORESTDNSZONES,DC=HOME,DC=EGLIFAMILY,DC=NAME.ldb'
-rw-rw---- 1 root named 1286144 Dec 11 01:02
'DC=HOME,DC=EGLIFAMILY,DC=NAME.ldb'
-rw-rw---- 2 root named  421888 Dec 11 01:45  metadata.tdb

Problem is: that sam.ldb is the one that's broken (empty) I think.
There's ANOTHER sam.ldb in /var/lib/samba/private that's a bit bigger:
-rw-rw---- 1 root named 4694016 Dec 10 18:05 /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb

So if samba is looking for a sam.ldb in /var/lib/samba/bind-dns should I
copy the one from private over? Or what should I do?

--
Dan Egli
 From my Test Server