[Samba] Creating a new Samba BDC and promoting to PDC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Aug 26 06:39:33 UTC 2020

On 26/08/2020 00:33, Simon Matthews via samba wrote:
> If I go with the suggestion to just set up a new AD-DC server, how do I
> move my data to this from the old server (which uses TDBSAM)?

You could start by reading this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migrating_a_Samba_NT4_Domain_to_Samba_AD_(Classic_Upgrade)

Could I also suggest that you do not use Centos, mainly because there
are no distro packages that can be used to create an AD domain. Yes,
there are third party packages available, but most of the knowledge on
here is based around Debian based distros.

Rowland