[Samba] smbclient mask command seems not to work the same way with recurse ON for mget and mput

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Aug 21 11:03:41 UTC 2020

On 21/08/2020 11:25, LPC DPG via samba wrote:
> Dear folks.
>
> I am using smbclient 4.2.10 version (the one packaged for OEL 6,
> samba4-client-4.2.10-15.el6.x86_64), and observing a weird behaviour of the
> tool.

Unless you are paying for support from oracle, OEL 6 dies in October and
Samba 4.2 is very old, so, if there is a problem, you are unlikely to
get it fixed. If you do have paid Oracle support, I suggest you ask
them. If you do not, then I suggest you upgrade Oracle, this will get
you a later version of Samba and if the problem is still there (it could
have been fixed), then you stand a chance of getting it fixed by Samba.
Which version to upgrade to will depend on whether you use openldap or
not. If you do use openldap, then upgrade to version 7, otherwise I
would go direct to version 8.

Rowland