[Samba] steps to get automatic home folder created at user logon windows 10 with samba 4.9.5-Debian

Daniel Lang spaci76 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 04:39:34 UTC 2020

Hi,

i think the rid backend is not the right choose for you Issue.

look please: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_rid

All your Users use the same Shell and Folders with the same ids. I
think you should change from rid to ads and use the uidNumber and
gidNumber attributes of user accounts and groups. Verify that the User
and their ids available on the Fileserver with "getent passwd" for
Users and "getent group" for Groups.

regards
daniel