[Samba] Sysvol reset

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Fri Sep 6 14:08:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a domain with 2 self compiled samba DCs one is running 4.7.12 and
the other is running 4.8.12. The plan is to upgrade both DCs to at least 4.9
and at some point 4.10.

I am having a problem with group policy not working. I suspect there is a
permission problem with the sysvol (This was once a windows 2008 domain). In
searching I found https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Sysvolreset. Given that this
was written more than year ago, I am wondering if the advice and script in
that link are still valid or is there a better/different way to verify
permissions on the sysvol?

Based on the above article the permissions on the sysvol look really wrong.

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org