[Samba] How to Change UIDs

Roy Eastwood spindles7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 21:45:05 UTC 2019

Rowland,
I must be missing something here.  Why can't the OP set the UID in ADUC to match that required in the other system?  The Samba
Domain member can use the ad backend, (rather than the rid), and no doubt file permissions will have to be readjusted accordingly,
but at least the UID's will match the other system.   The Windows DC doesn't care about the RFC2307 attributes, so that shouldn't be
affected.

Roy